Sunday, March 27, 2011

2004 - the Year of Calvin

We decided when we got engaged that we would plan our wedding for the summer of 2005, so that meant a 2-year engagement - plenty of time for planning, and a lull in the major life events. 
This is how I remember the conversation going:
me: "you know, Garett - in 2002, I moved to Virginia, last year we got engaged and next year we'll be getting married.  What's happening this year?"
Garett: "let's get a dog!"

Calvin on day one.  and he's been my best friend ever since.

"shhh. its nap time"  Garett took this picture while the two of us were sound asleep.

Calvin and I successfully graduated from puppy training at the local PetSmart.  I'm still convinced puppy training is more about training the human than training the dog.  Calvin has been the best except that he loves to run - so there's always a panic when you find the front door or the fence gate open...

No comments:

Post a Comment