Saturday, March 19, 2011

2003 - Engaged!

2003 was a fabulous year. Garett took me to the Pilalas Lighthouse in Noank, Connecticut for the Fourth of July.  Much to my surprise (how did I not see it coming!?) he proposed under the fireworks and I accepted!
He used the ring his mother had given him, which comes from her mother (circa 1910).  It fit perfectly, which was amazing, because I wear an unusually large ring size! I guess it was just meant to be.  Turns out Garett had that ring for quite a while before giving it to me! 


 Back in Richmond, Garett helped me buy my first car - the blue Subaru, since I had moved out the hood and could no longer walk to work in Richmond down Broad Street.  I'd still have it if only I had opted for the wagon instead of the sedan.  But back then there were no dogs or babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment